Even if you missed the workshop, you can still take action!
Inspiration to Action
- Use your strengths/talent, write, speak, organize awareness parties, etc.
- Be more politically active, work on legislation, lobby.
- Back Fair Trade products and push companies to produce/sell fair trade products.
- Use consumer power to "cleanse the supply chain."
- “If you see something, say something”- 1/3 of people rescued were discovered by everyday people.
- Learn about the California Transparency Act and push your legislators to adopt a similar act in Connecticut.
- Fundraise/Financially support groups that end slavery (ie. Free the Slaves).
- Find out how many slaves work for you at SlaveryFootprint.org and share the website with your friends.
- Share the alarming fact that 14,500-17,500 people are trafficked into the United States every year.
- Get modern day slavery and human trafficking into your local school system's curriculum.
- Join a Love146 Task Force.
- Read the U.S. Department of State's 20 Ways You Can Help Fight Human Trafficking.
- Watch the documentary Not My Life and share it with your community (see trailer below).
- Learn about and share the new I'm With Lincoln campaign (see video promo below)
- Read the following books:
- Disposable People: New Slavery in the Global Economy by Kevin Bales
- Ending Slavery: How We Free Today’s Slaves by Kevin Bales
- Modern Slavery: The Secret World of 27 Million People by Kevin Bales, Zoe Trodd, Alex Kent Williamson
- Bonded Labor: Tackling the System of Slavery in South Asia by Siddharth Kara
- The Slave Next Door: Human Trafficking and Slavery in America Today by Kevin Bales
- A Crime So Monstrous: Face-to-face With Modern Day Slavery by E. Benjamin Skinner
Not My Life
I'm With Lincoln